Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife conservation charity working to protect and enhance the wildlife and habitats of Nottinghamshire.
What we do
We care for over 70 nature reserves across the county, including a mixture of valuable wildlife habitats ranging from beautiful wildflower meadows to splendid ancient woodlands. We engage the local community through events, education and volunteering opportunities and seek to ensure our county is a healthy and wildlife rich place to live.
We are a leading voice in standing up for wildlife and the environment. Particular attention is given to positively influencing the planning process at the district, county and regional levels. We also work nationally in partnership with sister Wildlife Trusts.
Not only do we manage our own land, we also advise other landowners how to manage their land to benefit wildlife. We are always looking for new ways to secure the future of the county’s natural world and we are currently developing a range of projects that link habitats and landowners over large areas of land and seek to influence the management of whole landscapes, placing wildlife conservation at the heart of decision making.
Click here to read more about our vision for the county, in our special booklet ‘Creating a Living Landscape for Nottinghamshire’.
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust is run by a Council of Trustees according to its Memorandum and Articles of Association. This governing document was updated at the Annual General Meeting in October 2011.
- We are also a partner in the largest voluntary organisation in the UK concerned with all aspects of wildlife conservation, The Wildlife Trusts. This partnership of 47 individual Trusts manages more than 2,200 nature reserves and has more than 765,000 members.
Annual Review and Accounts
- Our Annual Review provides a summary of who we are, what we do, and what we achieved against our aims in a particular year, including a brief financial statement.
- If you are interested in finding out more about us through unaffiliated charity guides, visit the sites listed below.
Terms and conditions
- Before purchasing any items through our website, please click here to read our terms and conditions.
- Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust is a company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England no. 748865. VAT no. 796537666
Registered Charity Number 224168