Senior Ecologist - EMEC Ecology
How to apply:
If you want to join our team and help to deliver our growth strategy, then send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com before the closing date above.
If you have questions that are not answered in the supporting information please contact EMEC Ecology on 0115 958 8242.
EMEC Ecology is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of all our staff.
Interested? Find out more...
As a commercial subsidiary of Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, we see conservation as a core value. When delivering our clients’ projects and objectives, we look for biodiversity net-gain wherever possible and deliver innovative solutions.
We are seeking an individual with the relevant level of consultancy experience and associated protected species licences who should have the following:
- Experience in a senior ecologist role in a consultancy setting.
- Substantial project management experience.
- Protected species survey licences, and ideally having held EPS development licence in their name.
- Full driving licence (although own car is not required, as a fleet of pool cars is provided for surveys).
If you are a competent bat surveyor (Natural England Class 2 Licence holder) and have experience in being the Named Ecologist on Natural England EPS bat mitigation licence applications this would be advantageous.
Benefits of working for us
- We are a close-knit, friendly and supportive team, with a relaxed office atmosphere.
- The majority of our projects are within an hour of our office, and as such over-night stays are typically infrequent.
- You will be involved throughout the project lifecycle - tendering, client liaison, surveying, reporting and monitoring.
- External and internal training, to enhance your knowledge and progress your career
- 28 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Pension scheme with 8% contribution from EMEC
- Health payment plan
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Flexible working options and a healthy work-life balance encouraged
This role may be offered on a full or part time basis.
This vacancy may close early if we receive a high volume of applicants or when filled, so do not delay your application.
More information on EMEC and this specific role is available at emec-ecology.co.uk/careers