1. General complaints
Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust wants to exceed your expectation in everything we do. However, we know that there may be times when we do not meet our own high standards. When this happens, we want to hear about it, in order to deal with the situation as quickly as possible and put measures in place to stop it happening again.
We take complaints very seriously and we treat them as an opportunity to develop our approach. This is why we are always very grateful to hear from people who are willing to take the time to help us improve.
Our policy is:
· To provide a fair complaints procedure that is clear and easy to use for anyone wishing to make a complaint.
· To publicise the existence of our complaints procedure so that people know how to contact us to make a complaint.
· To make sure everyone in our organisation knows what to do if a complaint is received.
· To make sure all complaints are investigated fairly and in a timely way.
· To make sure that complaints are, wherever possible, resolved and that relationships are repaired.
· To learn from complaints and feedback to help us to improve what we do.
All complaint information will be handled sensitively, in line with relevant data protection requirements.
Overall responsibility for this policy and its implementation lies with the Strategic Management Team
How to make a complaint
Complaints should where possible be in writing and sent to:
Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust
The Old Ragged School
2. Complaints about Fundraising
Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator and is committed to the highest standards in fundraising practice.
In accordance with the Fundraising Regulator’s Complaints Policy, a complaint must be made to Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust within 12 weeks of the fundraising incident or communication of which the complaint is made.
If after four weeks (20 working days) following the complaint, the matter has not been addressed or you do not feel that your concerns have been resolved satisfactorily by Nottinghamshire Wildlife Trust, you can refer your complaint to the Fundraising Regulator (England & Wales only). Concerns should be raised with the Fundraising Regulator within eight weeks following the complaint.
2nd Floor, CAN Mezzanine
49-51 East Road
London, N1 6AH
0300 999 3407
Further assistance with regards to your complaint about fundraising can be sought from the following organisations:
England & Wales (43 Wildlife Trusts within England & Wales)
Scotland (Scottish Wildlife Trust)
Northern Ireland (Ulster Wildlife Trust)
Isle of Man (Manx Wildlife Trust)
Guernsey (Alderney Wildlife Trust)
Information Commissioner’s Office
For further assistance with complaints regarding information rights practices (data protection), advice can be sought from the Information Commissioner’s Office, whose remit covers the UK.
0303 123 1113